rebuilding...restoring...renewing

Tuesday, November 21, 2006

Good Grief!?!?!

During my morning rations I've been spending time listening to God.
One of the questions I was to ask the Lord was, "What in me causes you grief?" To tell the truth I really didn't want to ask the question because I was afraid to hear the answer. In that moment of meditating I felt a wall of resistance, to hear the answer, go up.
Right after I felt that wall in my heart I felt the Lord speak - it was gentle and kind - it was that very thing that grieved Him. The wall of resistance - being stiff necked.
What really helped me in the moment was how the Lord delivered the message. His words made me want to get rid of the wall. His presence, goodness and kindness is so disarming that I want and welcome His correction. His correction is often like taking a bath after swimming in the ocean. Cleansing. Refreshing. Good!
I found in that morning the goodness of hearing what causes Him grief.
Shalom
Elaine

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home