rebuilding...restoring...renewing

Thursday, November 16, 2006

Counting our blessings (and hits ...and visitors!)

Hey readers,
I'm writing this post due to the slim possibility that someone is actually interested in this blog's statistics...
If you visit often enough, you may have noticed that we recently added a counter at the bottom of the side menu on the right. Today we added a second counter. "But why?" I hear you ask!
Well the first counter logs the number of times this blog is viewed. I visit most days, so each time I visit this page, the counter goes up by 1. The other counter only logs each different visitor once. So even if I check back tomorrow, it will already know that i visited once, so the counter won't change again! (If you're REALLY curious to know how, the counter counts each unique IP address (computer ID) used to view the site. In other words, when I check this blog using my home computer it will add just 1 to the second counter, no matter how often I check back! However, if I use my work computer to check the blog, it will register another different visitor, as the computer ID is different. Make sense?).

I'm sure you were desperate to know all that. So by show of hands, who really cares? ;)

1 Comments:

Blogger Jennifer said...

Thanks Ryan!

7:40 p.m.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home