rebuilding...restoring...renewing

Friday, November 10, 2006

Morning ponderings...

I've been reading - contemplating my way through Proverbs.
The other day the verse that captured me for the day was Prov. 4: 18-19.
"But the path of the righteous is like the light of dawn,
That shines brighter and brighter until the full day.
The way of the wicked is like darkness;
They do not know over what they stumble."

I'm often awake at the dawn of the day and I am always quickened, awakened in my heart by the appearing of dawn's first light. It always seems to bring hope, joy and anticipation. I love that imagery as I think of the righteous. Wherever we go we bring the light of dawn in people's lives.
The more that we walk in this path - way of righteous the lighter - clearer our way gets. Things become more apparent - perhaps even tranparent. I think of the the song "I can see clearly now the rain has gone. I can see all obstacles in my way..." I think that's how it goes.
What spurs me on daily as I enter into very dark places and meet people who are surrounded in darkness is this image of me being infused with the light of the world. I am the light of the world.(Mt 5:14) So here I am - little old me - honored to be a dawning light in people's lives. As I enter in the men's prison cells I see light coming before them and lighting their darkness, offering hope. As I talk to people on the street I see the rays of the kingdom shining in their eyes offering them perspective and clarity.
This little light of mine I'm going to let it shine!!!
Shabbat Shalom.
Elaine G

1 Comments:

Blogger sixonefour said...

Shabbat shalom - right back atcha babe.
That Scripture verse came up for you at dusting off in Old Orchard Beach. Praise Jah.

loveH

11:38 p.m.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home