rebuilding...restoring...renewing

Wednesday, November 15, 2006

Give it up

Sorry it has been a bit since I have blogged...

A psalm of David, Psalm 41 says:
"All who hate me whisper about me,
imagining the worst for me.
"Whatever he has, it is fatal," they say.
"He will never get out of that bed!"
Even my best friend, the one I trusted completely,
the one who shared my food,
has turned against me."

Now, I don't know about you BUT I know if I was suffering in any way, my best friend would be one of the first to respond to the situation by helping me. Not in David's case..
Then I got to thinking...
We are, after all, called to live a sacrificial life, and if God calls us to give some thing up, or to let some one go, we will trust and obey, right?
Even if that did mean letting a best friend go to persue holiness.

Now that leads me to my question here:
What was/is the hardest thing that you have had to give up to walk closer with Jesus?

Peace to you.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home