rebuilding...restoring...renewing

Saturday, May 27, 2006

D-D-Da-a-nc-c-e

Tonight I had the privilege of doing a solo dance at a Salvation Army's Women's Conference here in London, Ontario.
I made sure that I was in my stretching/changing/praying room for about 20 minutes before I was on stage.
I changed.
I stretched.
I prayed.
I danced around a bit.
At the end of this, I had peace to go out on stage.

I was up.
I got into position and waited for the song to start.
And waited, and waited...
Ah there it was, it finally came on. Except it was skipping like crazy! I wasn't quite sure if I should pull off some dance moves, or just wait, or try to tell a joke or something...
I decided to skip the joke and walk further onto the stage and pray that the song would come on before there was no more stage to walk on. The song began... The only problem was is that it was half way into the song. yikes!
I picked up from there and danced for the Lord---then I was off to my changing room again.

As I walked into the changing room I almost burst into tears. I knew I danced with all of my heart for that half of the song and yet I was still upset that it seemed like such a mess up because half of the song skipped all over the place.

I walked out to the sound board to get my CD back and there it was...
She came over to me and said "Thank you so much Jenn, we were all so blessed by that dance."
I replied with a "Praise the Lord!" and felt the Lord say:
"Jenn, you prayed for me to work through your dancing.
I don't need the whole 3 minutes of that song to do just that."

Ah yes, God is indeed Sovereign.
And I am Thankful.

.:Jennifer:.

4 Comments:

Blogger sixonefour said...

that's right JLau. Good Word.

4:18 p.m.

 
Blogger Rebekah Dooley said...

sweet, praise the lord!

1:03 a.m.

 
Blogger Karyn Baker said...

"Jenn, you prayed for me to work through your dancing. I don't need the whole 3 minutes of that song to do just that."

Good word, sis. Amen. Love you!
Bakes

1:52 a.m.

 
Blogger Seeker of The Light said...

Your 20 minutes of preparation BEFORE the dance probably did more to allow God to speak than when you actually danced!

However, I am a bit partial to your dancing . . .

4:06 p.m.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home