rebuilding...restoring...renewing

Tuesday, October 24, 2006

Blessings....

At the end of my emails and conversations I often end with, "Bless you" or "Blessings".
The other day I was reading (once again in the Psalms) and was struck by this passage:
Psalm 129:8
The blessing of the Lord be upon you;
We bless you in the name of the Lord."
I thought immediately of what a great authority we are entrusted with from the Lord. We can actually invoke blessing upon/in people's lives. I was somewhat shaken awake to what I'm doing every time I just happen to write these words at the closing of and email or speak them off handedly at the end of a conversation.
What does blessing look like?
As I read on in the Psalms - 132:15 states that the Lord will "abundantly bless her provision - He will satisfy the needy with bread - He will clothe the priests with salvation. The horn of David will spring forth (talking about strength). His enemies He will clothe with shame and finally you will have a crown that shines...
Psalm 133 declares that the Lord commands a blessing where there is unity. The blessing is "life forever".
This little word blessing can pack a ton of goodness called down from heaven on an individual's life.
So to those who read - "The blessing of the Lord be upon you. I bless YOU in the name of the Lord." In other words may you experience His abundant provision, His satisfying your needs. May He clothe you with His salvation. May you experience His strength. May you overcome your enemies. May you be established in His authority to rule.
Blessings,
Elaine

1 Comments:

Blogger Jennifer said...

I recieve that one.
Amen and Amen.

10:36 p.m.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home