rebuilding...restoring...renewing

Wednesday, October 25, 2006

New Slant

I was reading this morning in Genesis and found some thing new.

"I have placed my rainbow in the clouds. Is is the sign of my permanent promise to you and to all the earth. When I send clouds over the earth, the rainbow will be seen in the clouds, and I will remember my covenant with you and with everything that lives. Never again will there be a flood that will destroy all life. When I see the rainbow in the clouds, I will remember the eternal covenant between God and every living creature on earth." -Genesis 9:13-16

Okay now I am sure you are all thinking "I was taught this since I was about 4.."
BUT what I realized this morning while reading WAS that the verses above are the LORD speaking to Noah and his sons. Read it again emphasizing each time on the "I's".

The LORD is saying that this rainbow is a reminder for HIM. Sure when we see a rainbow we think of the LORD's covenant with us.. YET when you read the verses above and see that the LORD was so serious about this covenant that he wanted to have this rainbow so HE could be reminded. Even though the LORD keeps his covenants no matter what, he still wanted to see a reminder in the clouds. That must make Him pretty serious about us eh?

Interesting isn't it..
Well I thought so.

Remember the LORD's covenants.

1 Comments:

Blogger sixonefour said...

i like it.
you're great Jennifire Ivany...
Let's hang out at Christmas.
loveHeather

2:13 a.m.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home