rebuilding...restoring...renewing

Thursday, October 12, 2006

Defender of Orphans

Just recently I finished reading Job and then decided to keep on going through the Psalms.
This morning I read through Psalm 9-12 and I couldn't help but be stirred by a stream that ran throughout all 4 off these Psalms: JUSTICE.

"He will judge the world with justice.." -Ps. 9:8

"The LORD is known for His justice." -Ps. 9:16

"You are the Defender of Orphans." -Ps. 10:14b

"For the LORD is righteous, and He loves justice. Those who do what is right will see His face." -Ps. 11:7

"The LORD replies, "I have seen violence done to the helpless, and I have heard the groans of the poor. Now I will rise up to rescue them, as they have longed for me to do." -Ps.12:5

Reading this I really understood what justice is.
Reading this I really understood how serious the Lord is about justice.
Reading this I really understood where we need to stand in our world.
Reading this I really understand that we need to do some thing about injustice.

Lord rise up and deliver the poor from injustice.
Rise up and protect the helpless.
You are the Defender of Orphans.

Let it be.





0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home