rebuilding...restoring...renewing

Monday, October 02, 2006

Know the Lord

So I ended up making my way to the Library this afternoon...
Man, do a whole lot of people hang out there. Especially people who seem to have no place to call home. At the library any one can go and watch some T.V. and fall asleep, check your e-mail, read a book, and so on...
Why wouldn't you go to the library?

I picked up a book at the library called "Great Power." It is a 31 day devotional book by J.I. Packer-- today's title was "The Joy of Knowing God."
Here's a little clip from that:

"Jeremiah, looking forward to what God was going to do, spoke in these terms: "'The time is coming,' declares the Lord, 'when I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel.'" And the consequence will be this: "No longer will a man teach his neighbor, or man his brother, saying, 'Know the Lord,' because they will all know me, from the least of them to the greatest" (Jeremiah 31:31,34). The Fulfillment of this promise is the glory of Christianity. Christians know God. Everyone may know God."

I know the Lord, I long to know the Lord in a deeper way...
Then I looked around the library and knew that each person in that place could potentially come to know the Lord.
Let it be.

1 Comments:

Blogger Tasha said...

Amen

2:56 p.m.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home