rebuilding...restoring...renewing

Tuesday, January 30, 2007

Strong faith

Today I had a wake up call.

I went to help out and volunteer at the Court house with Elaine.
One of our friends stopped in-- she's from Siera Leon. She was sharing some of her stories with us-- she began to speak of her family being Muslim and her choosing to follow Jesus Christ.

Basically because of her choice to follow Jesus, her family disowned her. Her family would punish her in ways that I could not even imagine. Yet she is still a believer-- she stood strong.
If you were put up against your family and were punished and humiliated, would you stand strong in your faith?

I've grown up in a family of believers, I've never had to stand up for my faith against what my parents believe. Even to the point of my parents punishing me in horrible ways.
I think we take things for granted.
You see, we can believe what we want to without being beaten for it. Yet in other countries people are being torn apart for their beliefs.

Let's be thankful for what we have and pray for those who don't have the same priviledges.

Deep Peace.

1 Comments:

Blogger YOU DONT KNOW MEEEeeee said...

lately ive been thinking about how much id be willing to give up for jesus. like- people give up families, food, homes, everything to sing or something...would i do that to follow god?
some days i think, yes. some days no. i should make up my mind...

10:33 p.m.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home