rebuilding...restoring...renewing

Thursday, August 09, 2007

The verses surrounding.

Okay, so during some of my time reading this morning I decided to go and read Isaiah chapter 61-- to see how we are seeing things lived up to Isaiah 61:4.
Well I've read Chapter 61 before but it seemed that one verse stuck out to me more that usual:

"Instead of your shame you shall have double honor, and instead of confusion they shall rejoice in their portion. There fore in their land they shall possess double; everlasting joy shall be theirs." -Isaiah 61:7

Now I know that so many times I've been asked about Isaiah 61:4 and what it means to us as a community-- I usual begin with saying that when it takes about "they" it means you. The people who grew up here in London, the people whose lives are invested here, the people who understand.
I only got this to a certain extent.

But after continuing on and reading about the rewards for those who will be rebuilding the ancient ruins, restoring.. I got it. I felt it more than ever. I felt it because this is what I long for those I have meet here in London-- for those in my community and also outside of it. I long for their shame to be taken away, for them to walk in freedom-- to walk in fullness and to have joy. For all their needs to be met.

For sure.
Amen.
Deep Peace.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home